Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2024

129 - "Listen With Your Eyes" Psalms 26, 40, 41, 58, 61, 62, 64

My foot stands on level ground when I am forgiven. 
There are no "big' people and "little" people in this world.
That's not what the world tells you. 

waited patiently for the Lord;
    he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-4

David finds equal footing at the Cross. David waits for no man. Only God. 

These psalms offer such hope for everyone for we all have fallen short.  There is no penance we dare do that fulfills. None of us are murderers.  But murderers in our hearts.  And a God Who forgives and beckons for so much more.  

David begins Psalm 61 with salty tears flowing down his face, crying out to the ends of the earth.  No rest.  David ends the psalm with newfound passion:  "I will sing in praise of Your Name and fulfill my vows day after day." Psalm 61:8. 

What are we missing in our walks today that we do not hear the beckoning; that we do not cry from the bottom of our own evil hearts; that we do not go to the ends of the earth for solace for what we face. 

Psalm 61:2
"From the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.

May we answer the beckon and nod in humility, write a new script, and wake up to the opportunities of this new morn to fulfill our vows.

Some seasons, we can't work ourselves out of what we are in.  All we can do is wait patiently---never in vain.  We know God hears us.  Give us this day our daily bread.  Give us this day a "settled peace of conscience" that we may wait rightly.  And how did the Hebrews do it?  Through a metaphor. Psalm 40:7 - they dug out their ears filled with audio. They listened with their eyes.  I come to Your Word.  It is written of me.  

PHOTO:  Dallas.  A Brand Spanking New Day.  We cannot do this in our own power.  May we look deeply into what wrecks our thoughts, swerves our minds, curves us in.  And may we fulfill our vows!

No comments:

Post a Comment