Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2024

122 - "DON'T HASTEN" Psalm 65-67, 69-70

You established the mountains.
You still the roaring seas.
We're in awe of You.
Psalm 65:6-7
The ancient world saw God in the mountains.


The going out of this day shouts joy.
Yet, like David, we all face needs.
David writes:
"Save me, O God!
For the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire,
where there is no foothold.  Psalm 69:2.
Deep waters, where the flood sweeps over.
Weary, so weary with crying.
Parched throats.
Dimmed eyes.
Waiting for my God.
Psalm 69:1-3

"May all who seek You
rejoice and be glad in You." 
May we all say
'God is great!' " Psalm 70:4
BUT
David says it: 
"But I am poor and needy;
hasten to me, O God.
Do Not Delay!"

We all need Him so.

O Lord, Do not delay.  Please hasten to our words, our hearts.  We are all poor and needy this day.  May we see how we can accomplish nothing today except through Your Power.  When will you come to us? Seal our hearts in Your Grace today.  Steady our ways.  Sweep us off our feet.  Show up in ways we don't expect.  And may you find us surrendered.

PHOTO:  The mighty mountains of Seattle.  Standing here a few weeks ago.  Seeing my deep need for dependence on God to make it through this life of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment