A String of Pearls

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

230 - "God Speaks & Summons" Psalm 48-50; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16

   


This is our God.
He will guide us.
We will tell the next generation.
This is our God.
Psalm 48:18

Psalm 50:1-2 God speaks and summons From the rising of the sun to its setting! Perfect in Beauty is God Who pours out. Our God comes and calls to deliver all!! Yes, this God looks down from heaven, from the most holy high place. And what does He see Any who seek. Corrupt?? Not 1. When God speaks twice, we do very well to listen. Matthew Henry's commentary speaks of the comparison to a hammer. Strokes must be repeated. Show us how bad! Speak to us! Hard to see! Arrogance!! 

Can the Potter remake this clay into another vessel.
What if it pleases God to leave me where I am?

Jeremiah 18:2 “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will announce My words to you.” Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something on the wheel. But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make. Then the word of the Lord came to me saying,  “Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord. 

Why do I think things have to be a certain way?
I mean, God brought together Hosea and a wife of ill repute.
I mean, God gave calamities to Joseph and Job, one right after another.
Why do I think I will escape the uncomfortable in this life?
Can God not do with me as He wills.  On the shelf.  On the pedestal.
It's not for me to decide.

 PHOTO: Outside my car window tonight as the world speeds by me. God sees. God calls. God comes. Simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment