Search This Blog

Monday, June 12, 2023

"What Stirs in My Heart This Moment?" Ezra 3-5; John 20

What stirs in my heart tonight?   Ezra 3:13
So much joy in my heart---it is God, if you only knew my circumstances.
It's the end of our school year and a time of reflection.
I am so overwhelmed with what God has done in my life this year.
Col. 1:29 - What stirs in us?  The Power of the Energy of Christ,
if we just let it be. 
God stirred Ezra to rebuild the temple.
When they saw the foundation laid,
the people wept.  Loud!  Wonder why?
They loved Someone more than the blessings.
The priests and Levites, people who so desired to be holy,
they wept so hard, it was indistinguishable.
What beautiful passion if it was for God and not for themselves.
Who knows?
But I come back to the question . . .
What stirs in me today?
It's been one of the best years of my life.
And we've been stripped of quite a few things.
Stripped and filled by God. 
Oh, to live like Ezra did:
"Ezra was deeply distressed by My people's compromise
more than by their troubles.  His burden for holiness led to tears
of repentance and to his refusal to eat or drink as he grieved
My people's evil."  66LL
Oh, to live like that.

Psalm 119:136 - Rivers of waters run down mine eyes,
because they keep not thy law. 
Like Ezra, may we weep for our families, our friends, ourselves.
All those who do not follow God

No comments:

Post a Comment