Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

"Seek Not Great Things for Yourself" 2 Chronicles 25-27; John 16

What does our world look like?
The sins of the kings that went before King Uzziah was that of turning their back on God---
forsaking the things of God.  But, this King embraced the things of God.  
But, he wanted them a little too much.  A little too high.  
Uzziah enters the Holy of Holies with pride.  Seeking what God has not given.  
Forbidden Knowledge.  
Why do I seek a door God has not opened. 
 "But when Uzziah became strong," his heart became corrupt, 
and he did things he should not have done. II Chron 26:16. 
 Uzziah. Pride of heart. 
Live the Life that is before you---what God has called you to.
 Seek not great things for yourself.


May we join the prayer of David's heart:
My heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; 
Nor do I involve myself in great matters, 
Or in things too difficult for me.
Amen and Amen.
Ps 131:1

PHOTO:  That moon.  Is there even a tinge of seeking great things for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment