Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2021

"Make A Name For Yourself" Genesis 8-11; Matthew 3


We live in such a celebrity society.
Unspoken pressure unaware to make a name for yourself.
"Let us build for ourselves a city so that we may make a name for ourselves."
Genesis 11:4
10,000 fathoms high in the sky, One Kingdom.
It's the Wrong Kingdom to make a name, perpetuate who we are.
May we live transparent and see how we misdirect to make life center around our name.
Someone said we are all born with a name---thought long and hard about yours.
Messed up with two of the names but it was not an iota intentional.  
May you live up to your names---the ones inscribed on His Hands. 

And my prayer for each of us is that we would call on His Name Alone. 
That we would read the Bible but
the Bible reads us---our thoughts, our intentions, our motives, our deisres, our everything.                                                     It's all breathed onto these pages for us.

And I want to pass on what I think is most touching as I reflect over my life this year.
An ordinary life with a handful of followers.  People aren't interested in the older folks, anymore.
But what I have seen and heard and felt, I want to record for my children's children whom I will not know as adults but only as children.  And I'll never know their children either.  Wish I could hold them.  So, I am writing to those future adults whom I love fiercely.  Think about these things.  Maybe, I'm wrong in some ways.  Maybe, I'm right in most ways about spiritual things.  Bob said tonight at our favorite Mexican restaurant, "Christianity is very disruptive." It is.  So many things I don't know.  I just know I deeply understand and believe and trust and follow my Creator. No longer out of curiosity but out of love.  Nothing can snatch me out of His Hands.  It would have already happened...

Photo:  Selfie taken on way to fly to Kansas City to visit Brooke and Luke and Zekey 4.1.2015.                   I make it my all to try to visit KC once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment