Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2021

"Born in His Thoughts" Genesis 1-3


Genesis 1:2.  Darkness was on the face of the deep.  Was it the same darkness that we have every night in the pitch black of the fortnight?  It was a screaming silence, a soundless moment spoken and painted for us, not for our curiosity, but for our very souls to know this---There is a Creator. And once upon a blackness, the Creator moved over the burgeoning darkness and gave energy to a nascent world.  He brooded like a mama bird over its young, says the Hebrew commentaries.  And I believe it was George MacDonald who alluded that we were then born in His Thoughts in that darkness.  Beams of dazzling light began to unwrap, unravel, undo the chaotic mass. And it happens every morning like this Kansas photo from 30,000 feet above. It happened when I played under the house---where no adult could reach me---a pier and beam house at 3120 Palmyra Street in New Orleans. I had my tiny Coke machine and my Barbie dolls. I'd make myself a Coke in a teeny fountain glass. And I would sigh in relief. I was safe there from all that swirled around in the house above me. And God was moving in my life but I really didn't know it. And here I sit six or so decades later, in Austin, Texas, in a house with a precious granddaughter who is like the face of God to me. God moves again. The words spilled out back at The Beginning and created the vault of the heavens and the earth.  The Creative Spirit of God is the principle of all life.  This is the only Center we have and know, my friends.  And He is still hovering over you and your little life this new day, new year.  I pray you may know deeply His moves, His hovering.  I do.  Especially over your darkest spots. I did.  The dark nights have always been the hardest of times for me.  Still are.  Especially, the present pandemic. I know. I know this, God is brooding over all my struggles, then and now. Never stopped hovering.   

Photo:  Flying to Kansas City  11.16.2020 - Mimi's birthday and I'm going to visit the 


No comments:

Post a Comment