Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

"The Net of The Gospel is Strong" Ezra 6-8, John 21

The disciples were at work, doing what they know how to do well.   It is good to be hard at work, blinders on, having good conversations. Jesus does Something for them that only He could do.

While they were minding their business, in the midst of their unbelievable loss.
Throw your net on the right side of the boat, says the Risen Lord. John 21:6
the haul was so great, so large in number, yet held woven tight and strong safe.

The net of the Gospel houses all of us who have professed we love Him more than earthly things.
 We, too, are tight and safe, even though our labor of love may be crossed (one day it will be crowned).

Look at how they all honor Jesus differently.  John spoke. Peter swam.  Some dragged their net; some hauled it to shore. 
I don't look like everyone else in my love. 
Take care of my own business. Renew my own sorrows. 
Make me more humble and watchful in light of my past sins. 
May any remembrance of past sin renew my sorrow.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment