Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

"Doubtless Delivers" 2 Samuel 3-5, Luke 14:25-35

David inquired of the Lord. 
It's always my first privilege.
Or, do I go to man?
"Shall I go up?" 2 Samuel 5:19
Shall I have a commission from heaven to engage with this thing before me?
It's what kings are made for, right?
He didn't really need to ask about fighting battles of the Lord and of Israel?
Did he?
The first verse I ever heard as brand new Christian was Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust...with all your heart.
Lean...not on your own understanding.
In all your ways...acknowledge Him.
Some of these Philistines were David's friends.
He had to ask.
And God said:  they are Israel's enemies.  Doomed.
Go up.
Will you deliver them into my hand?
Here it is... David's dependence on God for victory. 
God will doubtless deliver.
Will I ask Him today?  Shall I go up?

No comments:

Post a Comment