Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

"Slighted in Return for Kindness" Genesis 39-40, Matthew 11

Chief bakers and cupbearers, the in-crowd of the world, they forgot about the advice and rescue and kindness of Joseph.  Just slipped their entitled minds.  Gen 40:23. The emoluments of their office went to their heads and hearts.  Vanished from their recollections.  Tonight, at dinner, I tried to hide back the tears as we talked about slights that happened to us in return for our kindness.  And I thought about my future, maybe no one may want to be around.  Why do I think it strange in this world when unlove is shown for my love?  Joseph will learn in his disappointment to trust in God alone.  I might blame the chief butler for his foaming ingratitude toward Joseph, but what about my distance and lack of gratitude toward God, toward you?  And I must live remembering that there is One Above who will deliver Joseph and me at the proper time---"lift up my head."

No comments:

Post a Comment