Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

October 4 "Ask. Seek. Knock. Won't Stop." Matthew 7-8

God says right here if we ask for a fish, He won't give us a snake.  Oh for deep discernment to see what is truly going on around us.  The transition to verse 7 is stark.  The preceding verses talk of judging others.  We are bent on changing our husbands, our children, our friends.  But God interrupts us here and says---Ask!  How shall we dare love and give and seek?  Only by His Power.  So, ask!

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7.  Absolute words!  Ask! Seek! Knock! "Distinct degrees of intensity," says Matthew Henry.  

The beautiful point of this sermon on a mount is that in all of our difficulties, large or small, we are to seek God's Hand.  I have a large one today.  Persevere importunately.

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN THIS DIFFICULTY I FACE IN ONE OF MY 10,000 MOMENTS.  It's a big one.  I ask.  I seek.  I knock.  And I won't stop.  By Your Power.  Under Your Grace.  Amen.

PHOTO:  My favorite waters on the earth.  The Gulf of Mexico off of Santa Rosa Island.  Asking.  Seeking.  Knocking.  Won't Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment