Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2015

September 6 "Keep Yourselves in the Love of God" Ezekiel 23-24

I gave up.
Said I would never blog again.
I'm done.
It lasted 24 hours.
Wait.
I'm doing this for God.
Compelled to.
Went to church to praise Him today.
There has only been one other time.
One time I felt like I did today in church.
I Cor 2:2-4.
It wasn't persuasive words.
It was the power of God.  On me.
So, I'm back.
Back to walk with a Glorious God.
Who does things we do not understand.

Ezekiel 24:16 ---
Ezekiel, with one blow, I am about to take away from you the delight of your eyes...
Groan quietly; do not mourn for the dead.
Keep your turban fastened.
Keep your sandals on your feet.

God calls broken people to live in a broken world.
May I be more concerned about His Glory than
about my peace and comfort here in this world.
Ezekiel shows that his wife was a comfort to him.
She shared his joys, his sufferings, and his captivity.
And she still was "the desire of his eyes" not just
"a covering of his eyes."
Ezekiel must "see and own the hand of God in [death].
No exemptions.
And Matthew Henry says it deep:
"We may the more easily bear an affliction if it find us in the way of our duty
for nothing can hurt us while we keep ourselves in the love of God."

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN ONE OF THESE 10,000 MOMENTS IN A BROKEN WORLD.  Help me foremost to be the desire of my husband's eyes.  Help us all to live this day in your ways so that we may be found on Your Path when suffering knocks on our door.

PHOTO: Mine of the most beautiful venues ever. May we not miss the beauty in all the suffering and sadness.

2 comments:

  1. You write so beautifully and express your heart. You are transparent and so used of God. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete