Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 26 "Mistaken Might" Jeremiah 49-50

"Has Israel no sons.
  Has Israel no heir."
  Jeremiah 49:1

"Might often prevails against right among men, 
yet that might shall be controlled by the Almighty, 
who judges aright."

If you are like the Ammonites,
you will find yourselves mistaken and
think that every thing that you can lay your hands on
is your own.

No.  Not God's way.  
God will call to account every ounce of dishonesty,
especially to the destitute.

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN MY 10,000 MOMENTS, especially those places where I am so mistaken.  None of this stuff that I touch is my own.  None of it belongs to me.  And these children on loan.  May my might never rule them.  Your Might.  Your Mighty Power.

5 comments:

  1. I'm learning to walk the delicate balance of being there when needed and staying away when not wanted in the lives of my adult children. God continues to give Grace to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, thank you for sharing. I love your heart for so wanting to love well your adult children. It certainly comes across so genuine. I'm always asking myself what does love look like? And I'm always living in a little confusion along the way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jan! I meant I am also living in confusion along with trying to love. Didn't mean to insinuate that you are living in confusion. I AM! Really confused sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have confusing days sometimes, trusting God for clarity!

    ReplyDelete