Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

November 28 "Grab His Grace" 2 Corinthians 11, 12

If I could tell you one verse that summed up what I have learned that took almost a lifetime, it would be this one:

"I will most gladly spend and be spent for your souls.  If I love you more abundantly, am I loved the less?"  2 Cor 12:15.  Maybe it's cause I over-evaluate what happens to me every day of my life.  If I look at the confounded faces, if I look at the confusing circumstances, if I look at the caustic whispers, if I look at the charming losses---I will miss the unstoppable grace of God.  Turn the tables of thought.  Instead of what is happening to me, make it what am I doing to them.  How can I be spent for you?  Let the words, the deeds, the actions that are not so genuine run off the back of my soul.  Most Gladly.  Spend this one singular life of mine on those who are "missing" me; on those who never ever say they are wrong; on those who don't seem to know I am even in the room.  Spend.  Be spent.  Most gladly.  For the Love of Christ constrains us.

And He said to me: "My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  So, it's okay that I still don't have this all together.  Who does?  Raise your hand!  We are all called to spend on those near and far; dear and marred; in peace and war.  So, whatever happens today, grab His Grace for that weakness to love and be spent.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Oh Father, this so grips my heart.  Let me learn a little better this day how to live this moment by moment.  For I discern the looks, the glares, the words, the stares to be not so quite on my side.  Let me find a deeper grace in this day to spend myself more---most gladly not glum.  Please come.

PHOTO:

No comments:

Post a Comment