Search This Blog

Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 7 "Pleading This Promise" Ezekiel 35, 36, 37

Renewing Grace awakens our stony hearts. Tender, soft flesh. Alive to God. To His Will. He removes. He restores. He revives. By this Grace, He causes us to walk in His Word, wrap our hearts around His because we will be careful to live. God moves because of His Name, Who He Is.

Ezekiel 36:26 - And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.[a] 28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.

So, plead for this promise. (Matthew Henry)

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Oh Father, I am beside myself tonight as I read this.  I come with raw tears as I battle the difficulties of living with a heart divided.  And I so do not want to be divided.  Awaken our hearts of flesh to feel tenderly and beat boldly.  We plead this promise to cause us to walk in Your Word.  And our children, too!  We plead this day to awaken their souls a little more than they were yesterday.

PHOTO:  Sunrise in Oklahoma.  Spirit of God, our Teacher Advocate Comforter Friend, breathe life into these needy souls of ours.  Wake us up afresh like the morning sun's beckon.

2 comments:

  1. Bev, I marked the same Scripture and, as I read, I melted. Blessed Sunday, Pearls!

    "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God."

    Lord, I come to You on my knees for this very promise. It is all I need. Everything to me. Everything! I am hinging my whole life on this promise. Lord, because of Your Name, not because of anything I could possible do (and so thankful for that) but because Jesus Christ is Lord of my life, do this very thing within me. Again. I must disappoint You so much, I am so sorry that I keep falling away. And I am so thankful for the Blood of Christ that makes me clean. Bless Your Name forever, Lord. Because of Who You are. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, Annette - you took the words right out of my mouth.

    Annette H

    ReplyDelete