Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2014

September 13 "Rend My Heart" Joel 1, 2, 3

12 
"Yet even now,” declares the Lord,
    “return to me with all your heart,
with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
13     and rend your hearts and not your garments.”

Joel 2:13.

Return to the Lord your God,
    for he is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;
    and he relents over disaster.
14 Who knows whether he will not turn and relent,
    and leave a blessing behind him.

One of the lowest points of my life. 
I went to my friend Larry for help. 
He referred my impossible situation to God. 
I randomly opened the Bible to Joel 2:13. 
I'll never forget the moment. The Presence. 

And the same thing happened tonight. 
Fighting back tears, I sat alone at a restaurant and read:
Joel 2:13.
And the rains came down on my soul. Poured down!

COME BOLDLY: 
May I rend this heart of mine?

PHOTO: The rain clouds are about to burst in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment