Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

July 18 "Whispered Prayers" Isaiah 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

We have given birth to the wind.  Isaiah 26:18.
When we wanted to give birth to what is real and what will last for all eternity.
Whispered Prayers for true birth.
We need You so to intervene, intercede, interplay, interact.  
May the pangs of childbirth form Christ in us.  Gal 4:19.

May the peace of God grasp us and keep us safe.
"You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."
Isaiah 26:3-4

Perfect peace
Inward peace
Outward peace
Peace with God
Peace of conscience
Peace at all times
Peace in all events
[Matthew Henry Commentary]

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Father, we should praise You whether we are in the midst of trials or triumph.  We all want peace in all circumstances, all ways.  May we rely on You and Your Strength this day and always.  If we trust what this world has to offer, it will fade.  If we trust You, it will carry forever and ever.  Help us all, give us courage to find that kind of peace today.  That kind of Strength.  Peace apart from circumstances.  And we whisper this prayer for peace.

PHOTO:  The Hill Country.  May new birth be Christ formed in us.  Not a birth of the wind.  

3 comments:

  1. Isaiah 26:3 is one of my most favorite verses...one I find myself quoting when I can not fall asleep or when I wake during the third watch of the night. Well, dear Pearls....as of yesterday the heart ablation is set for July 31st. Praying there are no kinks this time ad it happens that day. I am so ready for this.At times it has been hard to have peace in the circumstance of waiting but our gracious Lord has supplied it as He always does when I seek His face. He is our great Reward....not what He does for us,but just He Himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a challenge to keep peace and try not to worry. I know He is with you, Mary Lou, and is tending, comforting, healing you. I will pray that everything works to good for days leading to your surgery, for the surgery, for guidance, and for God to reign in every heart involved. You are an inspiration and sweet refreshment, here on Pearls. You will be in my prayers! Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Oh Mary Lou, I have tears rolling down my cheeks for you. I am so sorry. Our hope is not that we will have the strength to make it through but it is our cry. Our hope is not that all will work in our favor but it is our cry. Our hope is firm that your God will show up and He will be strong for you. I love your quoting heart, your waiting on Him, your Great Reward. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete