Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12 "Dazzling & Dreadful" Exodus 39-40

Exodus 39:43 - They have done it. In a wilderness! Six months. White-hot.
And the cloud covered the tent. No ordinary cloud that a sun could peek through. No ordinary happening that a day would start when the cloud went up. No ordinary obedience that a million men would freeze under that cloud. Dazzling Light by day. Dreadful fire by night.

And we know the end of this story. These Israelites did not make it into the land of Canaan. They did not take care of their souls. I wonder why. This cloud, this fire---tokens of God's Very Presence among them so that they need not ask: Is God among us? But wait, I must ask the same telling question of myself: Am I really taking care of my soul---allowing God to be My Provider, My Glory, the Lifter of my head?

COME BOLDLY: Timely Prayers
Father, we do Come Boldly before your throne of mercy. I find no better words to express the beautiful invitation to be led in "the midst of the paths of judgment." May our souls not wander. May we not lose our way, lose the way.

PHOTO:  A Colorado Cloud.  Thinking about the tokens in our lives of God's Very Presence.  Longing to allow my God to take care of my soul.  

2 comments:

  1. I remember being young and thinking what was wrong with the Israelites? God revealed Himself in such a spectacular way to them, as early as 10 years old, I wanted Him to reveal Himself to me in such a vivid way. I suppose around the age of 24 or 25, I realized I was an Israelite.

    Lord, I pray I never grow tired of tending to my soul and living for You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. A cloud by day. Fire by night. Can you imagine the spectacular sight of the Shekinah glory in all its splendor! May it be so in our own hearts. Fill us, Lord, and shine so through and in us that self disappears and all that is left is You!

    This is our God today, same as then. Lead us, Lord. Show us Your Glory. Manifest Yourself in us! Amen.

    ReplyDelete