Search This Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2023

"God is Doing You Good Always" I Sam 22-24; Luke 12:1-31

Farther than the eye can see...God is always doing us good.
Sam 23:17 Jonathan said to David: Fear Not. The hand of my father, Saul, will not find you. And, you will be King over Israel. And I shall be next unto you. What love. What loyalty. Jonathan wanted what God wanted not what he wanted. The highest position. Let me sit next to you, not on the throne, because we have heard from God---and it is His Will. It is a beautiful heart that grasps not for the things of God. Jonathan is a giver, not a taker. And he has given the gift of his love to David. And they make a covenant here. And it will be the last time they meet in this world. We'll spend Eternity with both of them. I want to be in the presence of someone like Jonathan who was able to "let go" of what looked good in this world but was not good for him. 14 years ago this month, I was "struck down" by cancer and a very Good God stood by my side. Life has not ended as I hoped, although the last chapters are still wet with ink. But this I know, the LORD is doing me good----through all the circumstances of our lives. Fear Not is easy to say yet lived out only by His Mighty Energy at work within us. Come LORD Jesus.


2 comments:

  1. We have an example of true friendship in today's reading as well as a man who is surrendered to God. David said to Saul: May the Lord judge between you and me, and may the Lord avenge me on you; but my hand shall not be against you. David prayed to the Lord, sought the Lord, and trusted in the Lord.

    I pray we trust Him with every fiber of our being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of David sparing Saul's life and their unusual reconciliation. David still went his separate way after Saul had contritely acknowledged David as more righteous and they made a covenant that David would not destroy the royal lineage of Saul.

    Stories about real life hardships and conflicts and reconciliations are what life is about. The Bible is a great go-to resource for simply dealing with life. Relationships are hard. Knowing the right thing to do (and doing it) is a challenge. Seeing David's regard for God's chosen king solely based on the fact that God had chosen him as such, (not because of the character of Saul) helps me to regard our country's leadership better.

    To this very day, David is a great example of wisdom and graciousness and a true follower of the Lord because of the Bible. Because of the Bible's power and wisdom and pointing to the True Way, we are able to learn and discern the mysteries of His Love.

    And might I add, I agree with Achish--I think I have enough madmen around me already...a little humor in today's reading! on April 2 "God is Always Doing Us Good" I Sam 23:17

    ReplyDelete