Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30 ... Ezekiel 1 - 4 "Grieved by the Raw Evil of Self-Obsession~"

Ezekiel 1:2 - God's Hand came upon Ezekiel.
Ezekiel 2:1  "Son of man, stand up. I have something to say to you." The moment I heard the voice, the Spirit entered me and put me on my feet. As he spoke to me, I listened ...Your job is to speak to them. Whether they listen is not your concern. They're hardened rebels."  Ezekiel 2:10 - "Son of man, get all these words that I'm giving you inside you. Listen to them obediently. Make them your own. And now go. Go to the exiles, your people, and speak. Tell them, 'This is the Message of God, the Master.' Speak your piece, whether they listen or not."  You are a watchman.  God changed this captive man into a prophet who saw his own sin first.

"Only when you are so grievd by the raw evil of your ongoing self-obsession that My Glory overwhelms you with desire to love like My Son will you deeply change.  Only then will the incomparable beauty of His Character become visible in the way you relate."  66 LL.  Ezekiel got the Word inside him.  God did it during those five years of captivity.  May we become Ezekiels more aware of God's Glory than the depressing condition of our world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment