Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 27 "Deeply Troubled" I Samuel 1-3

And I weep as I read because these words read me.
We read the Bible but the Bible reads me.
I am a deeply troubled woman in this patch of life.

"Hannah was praying in her heart." I Samuel 1:16

Her lips were moving.
Her voice was silent.
And her friends thought she was drunk.

"Not so, my lord.  I am a woman who is deeply troubled ... 
I was pouring out my soul to the Lord."
I pray here out of my great anguish and grief.

DEAR FATHER, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN MY 10,000 MOMENTS, especially these here of anguish and grief that I bear alone.  May my default be that I pour it out to You not pouring it out on man.  I hope to hear someone say to me this day---Go in Peace.  And I'll say it to my friends!

May the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him.  I Samuel 1:17.


No comments:

Post a Comment